Welcome to MTFWM!
Discover your successful, creative, intentional life
We believe —
- that you can achieve your true creative dreams and aspirations,
- that success is defined by the integrity and beauty in our lives, not the bling,
- that an active, mindful, connected life of on-going curiosity and learning leads to well-being,
- and that while we can’t control everything in our lives, we do have agency in our life. (Or as Mick Jagger says, “We can’t always get what we want, but if we try sometimes, we just might find, we get what we need.”)
Here you will find —
- practical techniques for effectively managing your time and promoting your creative work,
- active encouragement,
- resources for your artistic, personal, and career development,
- and inspiration to nurture your creative life.
Are you ready?
Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter for a weekly dose of support, motivation, useful tips, and the occasional freebie delivered to your mailbox (or follow us on Facebook).
What People Say
“She’s awesome — a fountain of information, ultra giving (sic)…”
“Carolyn is an amazing resource!”
— Mary B.
“Carolyn is outstanding as you have probably heard repeatedly.”
— Jessica S.
What do you want to do or accomplish in your lifetime? This is sometimes called "The Bucket List." I'm a birder so I prefer "Life List." Besides, I'd rather focus on life and living it to the fullest than "kicking the bucket" (and the suggested origin of that term is...
The Why Exercise examines your automatic assumptions, bias, and programming. If you aren't getting really annoyed or uncomfortable, it's a good sign you need to keep digging. Knowing why you believe something or are pursuing a goal is increases your motivation. We're...
Discover the one simple thing you can do 3-4 times a week to elevate your mood, improve your focus, and protect your brain from age-related degeneration.
You probably aren't getting enough sleep, or getting enough good sleep. I know I wasn't — and still struggle at times to get enough. In my twenties and early thirties, I bragged about sleeping only 5 hours a night and about the times I'd abuse my body with things like...
If you can’t take the 18 minutes to watch Barbara Sher’s TedxPrague talk, at least take 2-3 minutes to read the summary of her Success Team concept and learn how to make your dreams come true. (Not kidding. Not metaphysical hooey. Based on the value of connections.)