Welcome to MTFWM —
a guide to successful & intentional living for creative artists & professionals.
We believe —
- that you can achieve your true creative dreams and aspirations,
- that success is defined by the integrity and beauty in our lives, not the bling,
- that an active, mindful, connected life of on-going curiosity and learning leads to well-being,
- and that while we can’t control everything in our lives, we do have agency in our life. (Or as Mick Jagger says, “We can’t always get what we want, but if we try sometimes, we just might find, we get what we need.”)
Here you will find —
- practical techniques for effectively managing your time and promoting your creative work,
- active encouragement,
- resources for your artistic, personal, and career development,
- and inspiration to nurture your creative life.
Are you ready
What People Say
“She’s awesome — a fountain of information, ultra giving (sic)…”
“Carolyn is an amazing resource!”
— Mary B.
“Carolyn is outstanding as you have probably heard repeatedly.”
— Jessica S.
Tips & tools to help you identify & accomplish your life goals.
A variety of useful information, tools & links to explore.
Personal development techniques, including journaling & mindfulness.
The Priority Planning Process is life changing if honestly used. And I do not make that claim lightly. If you actually use the process — and use it regularly, — you are taking action every day towards your goals. You are also living the life you truly value. The...read more
Roughly 40% of the population make New Year's Resolutions. The most popular New Year's Resolutions (in no particular order) are: lose weight, get in shape, spend less (or save more), and make more money. All worthy aspirations. However, they aren't SMART goals. And...read more
Find your focus for the coming year. What do you want to accomplish in the next twelve months? What are your all of your goals? Go ahead, write it down. Make a list. Making your list should take 5-minutes or less. However, feel free to put some real thought and time...read more
Each day determine your most important task, the one thing that takes you closer to your most important goal. Do that first. Or if you can’t do that first because it’s scheduled at a specific time, tackle your second most important task. Continue to do the next most...read more
Become of aware of how you schedule and plan your time. Are you a pen and planner person? Do you have a planner that really works for you? Are you a digital diva who lives and dies by her apps? Or do you merely try to keep it all in your head (because, like Sheldon...read more
Ho-ho-ho! Bah Humbug! ‘Tis the season of ups and downs, joys and toys. The holiday season is filled with moments of heightened emotional and physical responses. It knocks us out of our regular routines and challenges us with different skill sets. We have increased...read more